Saturday, August 19, 2006

Singapore Police Part 1

While mom and dad were out watching the stupid movie called The Break-Up today, I was home alone reading the newspapers on the floor. I noticed this little nice item in The Straits Times on a policeman in Singapore.

Aug 19, 2006
Traffic cop went the extra mile

I WOULD like to express my heartfelt thanks to a Traffic Police officer who went out of his way to assist my family on the road.

On July 6, my husband drove my grandmother to Singapore General Hospital (SGH) for a medical appointment. As my grandmother has skin cancer, she did not look well.

The Traffic Police officer, who was patrolling the AYE towards Outram, was very observant and noticed her experiencing discomfort on the journey as he rode past our vehicle.

He stopped and enquired about her condition and surprised us by directing traffic so that we could get to SGH more quickly. He also ensured that we arrived at the clinic building before he rode off on his motorcycle (TP 947Y). The time was between 2.30pm and 3pm.

My family were touched by this very kind Traffic Police officer. We commend him for his conscientiousness and for going beyond the call of duty to help us.

Lim Siew Yin (Ms)

It's heartwarming to read such an account. But it doesn't mean that is dad is totally impressed with the Singapore police although they are generally incorruptible.

He feels that they a real stickler for rules. As a result, they can also be seen as a heavy handed in the treatment of 'undesirable' elements in Singapore, including the political opposition. More to come.

No comments: